Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome SPRING! Please Join Me On My New Writing Journey...

I have spent a few days revisiting some of my favorite poems.  One of my all time favorite poets is a young man named Mattie J.T. Stepanek.  He was so young but embodied wisdom far beyond  his years.  If you haven't heard of him here is a link:   http://www.mattieonline.com/about.htm    If you haven't read any of his books I would encourage you to do so.  He was blessed with a true gift.  One of the reasons I love Mattie so much is because in spite of all his struggles with muscular dystrophy he saw the good in things, worked for peace and spread his love with his spirit.  He went to heaven in 2004 but his memory and his works will live on forever.

As I start my new writing journey this first day of spring 2011, I am inspired by Mattie's works.  He had the innocence, sweet spirit, open mind, open heart, love, joy, peace, patience and a steadfast faith in the God that made him such a gift to our world. 

I believe that God brings people into our lives to share the fellowship, friendship and faith.  Take a few minutes today to think of some of your dearest friends (can be family) that you have been blessed to know.  How long has it been since you've told them how much they mean to you?  Do they know how they have inspired your life? Do you know where they are today?  I encourage you to take a few minutes and call them or send them a little note.  I guarantee you it will add a little sunshine to their day.

Have a great day.  Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment