Saturday, April 9, 2011

In Loving Memory of Tiny Lawrence

As I was doing some Spring cleaning (hopefully Spring will get here) today I came across a few photos of a very special person in my life... Tiny Lawrence - he was my bus driver for all twelve years of school.  A very special man I will always hold near and dear to my heart.  I wrote the poem (below) several years ago to honor his memory.

Today's blog is for all those bus drivers that may not realize as they transport the 'precious cargo' to-and-from school each day (or to sports activities) they are touching lives.  To all the parents, grandparents, children that take those bus drivers for granted... please take the time to thank them for their work, they don't get paid enough for what they do as far as I'm concerned; we pay UPS and the U.S. Postal Service more to transport our packages than our bus drivers to transport our children.

[Please keep in mind, I graduated in 1983!] I am only one life that was touched by a special bus driver friend.  God Bless Tiny Lawrence!





No comments:

Post a Comment