Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm Thankful...

Our first grade son had a computer project last week where he had to type what he is thankful for and printed it off to bring home.  His computer illustrated turkey framed print says… “Food, God, Mom & Dad, and Dog”.   Simple and to the point.  I want to learn from that simplicity and innocence. 

As I worked on my writing today I made a long list of the things I am thankful for (free writing), a typical assignment for this time of year.   Then I tried to simplify and narrow it down to four things – that was difficult.  It is so true how an attitude of gratitude will lift your spirits and add a ray of sunshine where you didn’t think there could be, and when you fill your heart (or mind) with gratitude there’s no room for despair.

I’m so thankful I have a little boy that’s thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment